My new job is awesome and so much more laid back than my last job; however, there is one period during the year when it is nuts in my office. It is called Open Enrollment, and many of you know this is a time when you sign up for health insurance for the year. For you, it is probably one of those things you hate going to because you don't really understand what those people are yammering about, you don't want to fill out any forms, and you don't want to make any decisions. I get it. I used to be you.
But this year...this year is different. I'm the Benefits Manager for a company with over 400 employees, and I'm in charge of open enrollment. I leave tonight to go to our location in Cleburne where I will coordinate employees, help them sign up for insurance, and answer all of their questions. My work day will start at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow, and will end somewhere around 9 p.m. Then Tuesday, I'll get up and do it all over again. And Wednesday, I'll do it yet one more time. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? So are you wondering why the name of this post is "Wish Dustin Luck"?
It's because he'll be Daddy and Moma for three and a half days. Tomorrow he has to make sure the house is ready for the housekeeper; get Aubrey up, dressed and fed, and take her for the first time to day care; work eight or nine hours; pick Aubrey back up, go through the night-time routine, and put her to bed. Then Tuesday and Wednesday is more of the same, except Aubrey will be staying at the Moo Zoo (what we call my mom's house) like normal. Dustin hasn't had to do this kind of parental duty yet, at least not to this extreme. But here is what I can say for sure: he'll be great at it! He is a really good dad, and he took such good care of Aubrey and me after she was born that I know he can handle it.
I'm also sure of this: by Thursday, he'll want a stiff drink and to run for the hills. Good luck, babe...being the moma is a LOT of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment